Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lydia Lunch - Queen of Siam


I like Lydia Lunch because she is interesting and says what she thinks. Shes not afraid of being honest, obnoxious, rude or controversial. I may not agree always with everything she says, but I respect her because of that honesty and the fact that she has a personality. Oh yeah, Queen of Siam is a really good album too, the track Lady Scarface is my favourite. Its hard to describe the style of this album - kind of jazzy, lounge-y, grungey, post-punky, experimental with an undercurrent of dark sexuality. If anything I could liken it to some of Tom Waits' material, but its still even pretty far from that. Lunch's lyrical styling and delivery is cool, sexy, laid-back and sincere while seeping with don't-give-a-fuck. A truly unique artist.

A cool interview
Download

No comments:

Post a Comment